Monday, July 29, 2013

Not everyone agrees

In my one week of “formally” working with Meghan, I have learned that not everyone agrees with what I am doing.  I care to a degree, but when I have an almost 3-year old begging me to do “homework”, I’m not going to tell her no.  I have involved the neighbor children with her learning, so there are times she doesn’t even know she is learning.  This allows her to have fun, learn, the neighbor children to be involved with her, and move forward with life.

I have loved working with her during the day, and listen to her being so excited to tell daddy what she did that day.  She lights up like a firefly when he comes home and becomes excited as a new puppy to show him her accomplishments.  My days do not always go as planned, but as long as she is having fun…I really do not care.  I am thankful for a really good friend who keeps me in check and helps to remind me that what I am doing is not wrong, and Meghan has time. 

I am glad to have support and a daughter that understands a forgetful momma.  I love my baby girl so much, and am excited for this opportunity to be involved in a different way in her life.

DSCN4227

 

 

  She picked out the pom-poms (green and red)

 

 

 

 

DSCN4225

 

Put her little dot of glue….   

 

 

 

DSCN4224

 

 

     Put her pom-pom in place

 

 

 

DSCN4228

 

 

Then I put stems on them for apples.

 

 

 

 

She is excited to know what we are doing each day, and each day is more exciting for me to hear her relay her experience with others. Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to be involved in her life this way.  I would not trade it for the world.

It is so cute to listen to her sing her ABC song and the 7 days of the week song.  I will try to post a video at some point of the full-versions.

690290B48BB44DA6AF4E588A05350551

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment