Wednesday, August 28, 2013

D is for Dinosaur

This week we are working on the letter “D” and our main focus is dinosaurs.  Today, she used modeling clay to make tracks of her dinosaurs and then ended up doing the horse, dog, dolphin, and all the animals in her basket.  I missed pictures of this, but maybe I can grab a few tomorrow. 

I did a name evaluation today…every month there is a name evaluation to see how the child is progressing.  See if you can notice a difference Smile.

DSCN4505

Seeing as we have only really focused on how to spell her name, I am proud of this progression in just a months time.  Funny how much I don’t even realize she is looking at things until I have her do things like this.  I showed her each letter that we use to spell her name with the caterpillar and she made each one with great deliberation. 

Later, she had to mark the pictures that she heard the “d” sound in.  She is doing quite well with this activity. 

DSCN4506

Today, instead of coloring the pictures, I had her use her foam letters and mark them that way.  I am amazed at her ability to learn and retain different information even at this young age. 

DSCN4499DSCN4500DSCN4502

Silly firefighter in heels.  I guess that’s how the girls get it done these days Smile LOL.  These pictures are for some family members who go out every day and keep the community safe the best they know how.

690290B48BB44DA6AF4E588A05350551

No comments:

Post a Comment